View Single Post
Old 2012-01-29, 00:06   Link #2995
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
Later we are shown is that she acts with different traits. I would even go so far to say that she may change her actions of behavior due to plot and story over character reasoning. This could explain the *Bi-polar see-saw* traits she has.
You’re right. A lot of characters’ flaws in SEED & Destiny is due to the lackluster script. In fact, lots of human inner conflicts and social issues in SEED & Destiny are often simplified very much or abandoned altogether in order to move the story forward. One major example is how on earth a (supposedly advanced, strong and first-world) country like ORB allows a guy like Yuna Roma Seiran to be in full charge of the whole nation? Seriously, not even a developing country like mine will be fool enough to have a president like him .

With a lacking script like that, It surprises me that people can go this far discussing some characters' logic/feelings/reasoning/thinking in these shows. And no, I'm not blaming or dissing those who discuss/argue about characters in this thread. I still blame the script .

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
In regards of lacus being evil, really its not so much in that way of thinking. Posters such as myself fall in the category and generalizing here that her actions and incentives are more selfish and self righteous. Enforcing her sides justice by violence. In short ill just label her as *Bitch*
Your statement is right in a way. Still, would you call Lacus who wanted to stop the EA from bombarding her homeland with nukes selfish? How about when she begged Patrick Zala’s faction not to vaporize the earth before taking desperate measure? Is that self-righteous bitchness? I don’t think so. Destroying a planet with its people (that’s billions of innocent lives) is just crazy and must be stopped (just like Char in CCA). Also, (from what was shown in the anime) Lacus never forced anyone on her side to follow her nor does she uses deception like Durandal’s sweet words. She told them (either by herself or through Kira, Andrew, Murrue) the reality of the situation that she knows without hiding anything.

As for Lacus in Destiny, I never really care about her characterization in that series coz the script/plot is worse than in SEED. So, it goes without saying that her character and some others (Cagalli, anyone?) became worse than before .