View Single Post
Old 2009-11-09, 09:24   Link #118
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

In defense of the moderators, I stopped watching Erin for a while, and when I returned to the thread it was a spoiler minefield. That thread raises some difficult issues about how to handle shows that are being distributed in raws, subs, and on Crunchy, along with the usual problems of handling the original manga or novel sources. Now it may be that Erin is an anomaly because CR picked it up midstream, then preceded to out-pace the sub group. We won't know the answer to this until we've all had more experience with shows that are licensed by Crunchy. For shows that are licensed from the outset by CR, it shouldn't be any different than handling speed-subbed episodes as we've done in the past. In cases where CR jumps into an already ongoing series with pre-existing subs, the situation is more cloudy.

As for novel readers, if you want to talk about the novel, go start a thread in the manga/novels area and do it there. I'd like to see a general ban on the discussion of manga/novel material in all anime threads, since the possibilities for spoilage are just too great. Might I make a humble suggestion to the moderators, though, that the "manga" section be renamed to "manga/novels" to make it clear that both forms of printed material are to be housed there? The description for the forum includes a mention of "light novels," but the forum thread uses simply the word "manga." Perhaps this isn't enough of a beacon to novel readers to carry on their conversations in this locale?

Spoiler for some key events in Erin:

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2009-11-09 at 09:41.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote