View Single Post
Old 2010-03-01, 14:36   Link #46
Joe_fh

Thanks a lot for the translation Weils!

I realized a couple of things after reading it.
First of all little Clare was actually observing the battle closely and what was going on after Teresa got killed and even before that. I mean that's so out there I can't really put it into words.

Second they were fighting the Destroyer for a whole day? That means that Alicia was fighting Riful which is really wiered since Riful was seriously injured by the Rods and by some AFs and I don't see how she lasted so long. Basically it's really confusing.

I can see how Dietrich would underastand that Cynthia and Yuma are Helen and Deneve's comrades (same clothes and big Claymores...kind of hard to miss) but I still don't see how she could take down all those hellcats on her own. Also I wonder if she's really there to only repay Helen and Deneve. And btw isn't a hellcat supposed to be stronger than your average AB but it just dies on its own after it runs out of power? At least that's what I got from the first few Clare Helen and Deneve engaged. Either way I like Dietrich as a character. She might be following the organization but the word honarable fits her pretty well as well for the most part. And she is intelligent just like Miria and Galatea so if Miria actually talked to her after they met at Rabona (which won't really be that strange since they'll be going in the same diraction) she might have joined forces with the Ghosts. True she is loyal to the organization but she seem to care more about the lives of others and going by her own "honarable" principles (which I like about her).

Another thing I realized which is really major is that Noel actually cut Prissy's arm off. No really I've read that chapter like 100 times and not even once I saw that.

I must say that Clare's logic is majorly flawed though. She saw speed something that could give her the edge over Prissy but that is completely wrong. Here's why. Rigardo(still not sure how his name was spelled r or l) was one of the fastes ABs around he couldn't really do any damage to Prissy. Now Clare is faster than him but Even Alicia (who again was really fast and agile) couldn't damage Prissy. Isley (who should be slower comapred to Rigardo) managed to do seemingly more damage than Alicia who was way faster than him. Also if Clare was actually watching that battle she must have seen that Irene (the fastest of the Claymores there) couldn't touch Prissy.
Also even if Noel was fast it didn't matter because Prissy could regenerate that damage without a problem. Antoher thing that she should have seen was that Prissy wasn't actually fighting neither Sophia nor Noel at that time so there was that element of surprise. And one last thing Sophia attcked Prissy form the Right while Noel attacked from the left. Prissy blocked Sohia's strike with her Claymore but there was nothing to block Noel's strike with. Fact is both of them attacked Pirssy at the same time so you couldn't really say one was faster than the other from watching that.

Oh and another thing is it me or are Noel and Teresa's symbols the same? I mean really look at them. They are basically the same thing and no two symbols are that similar. They all look alike but each and every one of them so far had at least one or two extra lines (or a different agle of the lines) that make them clearly distinguishable.

If Miria and the reast of the ghost are on the move ( the translation Weils provided basically says they are there with a "?!" at the end) does that mean Galatea is with them? After all she knows what's really going on and the chances are high that she'll be joining them. Also what happened to Miata and Clarice since I forgot what happened with them after the talk at Rabona?

And one last thing. Now the whole Jean thoery with the emotional impact is nice and all but I just can't see it being the real reason. If that was the real reason I believe she would just subcontiously suppresses her yoki to not reach a level where she awakens. This is not at all what is going on. She goes into QofB mode and after that reverts back to normal. This means she goes past the point where she could return to her human form on her own. To go back from that she neads someone to do what Jean did back than or what Galatea did earlier. Either way Clare can't power down on her own free will contiously or subcontiously.

IMO Raphaela is the only one who can be responsible for this. If someone somehow installed the safety mechanism before she reemerged from the destroyer it probably would have been lost. The reason why is because the way I see things Clare used her mind and what she knew about herslef, what she experinec, etc (the sense of one's self or something....can't really put it into words cause I don't know the exact words) basically what she was before to "recunstruct" (not the right word but I can't think of a better one right now) her body and separate it from the Destroyer. That means that if someone changed something within her that she didn't know about it was most probably lost. or at least that's the way I see things. Also as I mentioned at the start of this thread Clare was using Rephaela's momories subcontiously without actually realizing it before she wondered why she knows that. That means that Raphaela probably can influence Clare without Clare knowing it. What do you guys think about this?