View Single Post
Old 2006-05-10, 16:26   Link #23
mangafanatic

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya--
Episodes seen: 6
Rating: A+
Okay, this is one of the most fresh and unique anime to come along is several years. Yes, I'll admit, watching the first episode, I too was thinking "What the crap!? Why all the hype!?", but by the time I had finished the second episode-- I was hooked. This show is comendy, mystery, sci-fi all rolled into one insane package named Haruhi Suzumiya. Commit yourself to watching the first three episodes, and you'll see why everyone is so head over heels for this show.

I want to be Haruhi when I grow up. ^_________^

Ouran Host Club
Episodes seen: 5
Rating: A
I know alot of the converts to Haruhiism are going to try to lynch me for giving MoHS practically the same rating as I'm giving Host club-- but they are two completely different shows. Saying that because this Haruhi isn't as original or zany as Suzumiya-san is unfair. You hear me! I say it ain't fair! Host Club Haruhi is one of the most down to earth and fantastic female protaganists in a comedy in some time. Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya makes me excited. Ouran Host club just makes me happy. The entire cast of this show is comedy brilliance-- specifically Tamaki! All Hail Ojisama!

Utawarermono
Episodes seen: 5
Rating: C+/B
I put down two ratings because I couldn't decide which this show deserved. Maybe I'm biased because this season has produced some truly amazing shows, but, personally, I'm growing weary of Utawarermono. In the first five episodes, there has been a very predictable patern:
village affairs-->crisis-->salvation-->conclusion.
And yes, I know that most shows feature some sort of patern, but the truth is that a show like Uta that give an epic feel has to produce some sort of story line. I'm still waiting for it. Yes, we have a minor rebellion, but where's the drive? Where's the major development? I'm still waiting, and I've decided I'll give this show until episode 8 to show me what it's really made of. I hope it prove better than my initial impressions. I really would like to like this show.

Last edited by mangafanatic; 2006-05-11 at 09:15.
mangafanatic is offline   Reply With Quote