Thread: Licensed DearS
View Single Post
Old 2004-07-22, 08:46   Link #96
Arwyn

I was kind of ambivelent about the series when I first saw it, I thought some of the characters (especially the teacher) were a little too over the top. But the second episode improved my opinion of it somewhat.

I agree Neneko is a huge improvement over the usual "childhood friend who beats the hell out of the main character" theme that seems to be so popular (ala Girls Bravo). I am somewhat curious to see where they are heading with the plot behind this one. The whole "DearS are slaves" thing that seems to be going on indicates this series might get a little more serious as time goes by, but at the same time, the teacher, the kitty girl, and Rens current "eat everthing that doesnt move" would point to something much less serious. Guess will have to wait and see.

But I have to admit, the whole sequence of Rens use of master/slave to define her relationship, and the misunderstandings of what was going on by Neneko and the teacher had me cracking up. So, it may not be all that serious, but anything that can give a good laugh has some promise.
Arwyn is offline   Reply With Quote