Thread: Licensed Ano Natsu de Matteru
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-27, 00:43   Link #1015
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Upto the return of the alien plot, I would say 7 or even 8, it was nice to watch Onegai Sensei remade.

But after that 5, even 4... since the only thing that did better was the animation, everything else was either copied or sucked ass

The only thing that can redeem this train-wreck is an H-13th-episode as both Onegai did

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Meh, the last couple episodes brought the anime down. Lame chase scenes and predictable drama, concluded with a senselessly obscured reunion and a HUGE plot-hole that renders the previous drama pointless.
I doubt that I have face-palmed so many times as I did with these last episodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei.K View Post
Expected a bit more closure regarding Tetsuro/Kanna/Mio, but as we still got a few clues I guess it's ok. In the end, Kanna is the only one that didn't get a "happy ending".
Overall the ending was more or less what you would expect, but it was still quite touching. Nice to see the heavy implications and ties to Onegai Teacher, the fans will be delighted.

Definitely could have done without the whole alien mumbo jumbo though, as although it was fun, it felt a bit forced and too shallow to me.
Mio/Tetsuro/Kanna triangle was the most interesting part of the show (fanservice excluded), and was left as developed as the two chicks in Okinawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Overall decent series like Onegai Twins was. Onegai Sensei was much better than those two though.
Nah, Onegai Twins was better than this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I am sure if Mizuho really did leave, she was pregnant
She left, everyone's memory (except Kei's) was erased, and then she came back, in the last TV episode.

Well, it's not that both Onegai had the most rebust plot, but this one has so many holes that makes Hollywood films seem works of geniuses. Apart from the MiB, alien contact, ancestral memories, advanced surveying tech that is worse than maps from the previous centuries, and cloaking blanket that does not work... the worse was that Kaito is still alive without Ichika's curing kisses
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote