Thread: Sasameki Koto
View Single Post
Old 2009-08-20, 12:35   Link #11
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Be revived, thee who art full of yuri goodness!

Well, actually I didn't care much that this is a yuri story at all. It's a lovely manga regardless of gender. Sumika is a nice protagonist, always busy, always full of stuff in her head. Kazama develops in a different direction after her "one-shot" beginning as Miss Airhead; we the readers are witnesses to increasingly complex emotions discreetly expressed. I love how the unrequited love and Kazama's obliviousness premise turns into something much more interesting and beautiful to watch. Like, wow.

...and why did I revive it? The scanlators just finished with volume 3, that's what! The cliffhanger is on the same level as Girl Friends' heart-bending moment in making me twitch, blush, and feel a strange sensation in my heart.

I truly hope the anime does this manga justice.
Oohhh yea its a cliffhanger alright!

I love this story soooo much, I particularly liked how the 2 meet and become friends something very lovely about it.

As I said over in the anime thread I find this story much better than Aoi Hana. Aoi Hana doesn't really stick, its quite a forgetful tale, where as here it keeps me very much wanting more!