View Single Post
Old 2010-06-28, 10:39   Link #16
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Just look at the fanservice level in those shows, there is no way kid is allowed to watch it.
Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maou was said to not have any age limit yet sexual themes are simply exploding in it.
Air Gear was said to be for people +17 yet we have a 13 year old hero who runs around naked and is molested by 20 year old pedophile 0_o
That just proves the point. Most anime is targeted at people who are one or more of:
- literal children or teenagers
- people who think and/or behave like they are teenagers, i.e. fat male nerds in their 20's or fat yaoi fangirls
- terrible nerds
Most of the really "big" shows (i.e. Naruto, One Piece, Gundam etc) appeal to all of these groups; that's why they are big.

There is very little anime that is targeted at people over 20 that aren't manchildren or huge nerds; it's pretty much limited to the Noitamina timeslot and a few other exceptions here and there.

To get back on topic: I hate (almost) everything about anime in general, and fansubbers in particular.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote