View Single Post
Old 2006-02-17, 20:22   Link #26
wao
OK.

Say kj1980, you said that genga-men make really low wages, so what about those doing colouring (shiage), composite (satsuei), background art (haikyo) .... or even lower (I presume lower) still......... in-between aimation (douga)?

Do the people doing those (well maybe except satsuei and haikyo) get paid a complete pittance and like, live off 2-3 jobs or something?

DaFool: I'm surprised that Phillipine animation studios have assisted in the production of anime...

Sometimes shows alter between showing the names of chinese/korean animators in english or in Kanji I've seen rare cases where they do the korean ones in korean, IIRC Macross Zero did this. Actually I wonder if Shoji Kawamori has an affinity with korean studios, Zero was a collaboration with Tin House (Korean studio that did this flashy film as well...), and in Aquarion there were entire episodes done entirely by Koreans (Key animation, inbetween, colouring, background, composite, heck even the animation director and episode director - all Koreans!)

There's this one chinese background art studio 风动画 something-something (Feng Dong Hua, it's listed on ANN as Kaze Animation), they frequently collaborate with this Japanese background art studio, GREEN... They always get the names listed there in full every time, be it in kanji or in English. See Mushishi and Eureka 7.