View Single Post
Old 2009-02-10, 11:44   Link #86
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

There was no "real" reason to change your OS every 3 years ANYWAY. As there's no "real" reason to move up to the new security program each year, as long as you continue to get the updates, as there is no reason to update any of your software, as there's no "real" reason to upgrade ANYTHING on the PC as long as it works.

Based on your logic, my DOS 6.22 and Win 3.11 worked great at the time... Damn I should have stayed with my 486 and all those nice programs that were working just fine. I mean... Progress? Evolution? WTH is that and who needs it? O_o

On the topic at hand, I'm an early Vista adopter, and I'll possibly be an early Win7 adopter, too. I like Vista better than XP, but yeah, Windows 7 feel better than Vista. My Vista drivers and programs all work with Windows 7 and the only real issue I had was an ethernet one which I managed to solve. The only thing I didn't like in Vista was the price, and I believe I might not like 7's price either, but other than that, besides the early crappy drivers and "Vista compatible" lies from various software companies, Vista itself didn't trouble me. It's actually the first time I didn't need to format my PC for almost 2 years (one format being 3 months after first install cause I was stupid enough to believe the "Vista compatible" crap and install junk like Nero and stuff.

So anyway, provided 7 won't be ridiculously priced again, I'd switch on the first chance I get. I already use the Beta 1 like it's my main, with Vista just sitting on the main disk just in case something goes wrong, but it doesn't even feel like Beta, it actually behaves ridiculously well. There are some minor bugs here and there ( like emptying the Media Player library and not being able to get it built up again, even if WMP 12 is supposedly checking, so I'm trying to rebuild the whole index now), but overall, if MS was selling the thing as it is, I'd still buy it.