View Single Post
Old 2011-02-10, 16:52   Link #64
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
I agree but at the same time he's an as*hole either way.
Heh, you're fine to think that, but I admit I can't see that. I don't see him anymore evil as a bear killing a cat because he's hungry; he's taking steps to procure sustenance. I can understand his point of view on it, because people would be bothered to learn how he eats. And he's simply feeding on witches, something that is feeding on humans. It's more of a symbiotic relationship.

Now, if he forced things into motion when he had alternate methods of feeding, then I'd see his actions as darker. But if he's merely taking advantage of situations that already exist, then he's amoral.

Question is, will the "Kyube is evil" crowd ever admit to any kind of evidence that would sway their mind? Or are they locked into their belief and nothing will persuade them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Uncalled, because I did say it was either a hint or and error.
I'll apologize, but I wanted to point out the futility of trying to find meaning in things. The truth is, we'll never know what has meaning until it is referenced later. The Homura hand thing could have just been something cool that she developed(thus why it is not there in earlier shots), and we wouldn't have known until the importance of such was revealed later.

If people get upset with me for trying to reinforce this notion over and over, it is because of this. It's all fine and dandy to pick out something and form a theory over it; after all, speculation is fun. But it is important to remember that we could be making something of nothing (such as Homura's hand clench). The problem comes when people cling to these beliefs as if it is proven fact and cannot be interpretated another way.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote