View Single Post
Old 2008-10-14, 19:33   Link #90
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Raven doesn't have some mystic powers he can tap into when he wants. He may even be from the fairy world itself. We know that some fairy folk can interact with and be seen by ordinary humans. (Nico is an example.) Maybe Raven is a member of a fairy clan that has traditionally served the Blue Knight? I'm just speculating, but there was something about the way his eyes reacted to Edgar's wounds that made me think (1) Raven can be very dangerous and (2) Raven may not be human.
I think I saw in the opening (the new opening, the one that doesn't just re-use scenes from the first episode) it looked like his left eye was glowing, maybe both of them, so I think he does have some kind of special power, and/or can see fairies. And I've been thinking about that, Edgar (or is it Edward?) said he can't see faeries, but I get this odd feeling that the sword that he is searching for lets you see faeries as well. Items and spells that let you see faeries are common enough in fairy tales that I think it makes sense, but it's too early to see how much of actual English fairy tales they incorperate (and I hope it's a lot since that would be unusual for an anime).

Edit: Just checked the new opening, Raven definetly has something going on with his left eye, not sure what though (for some reason it reminded me of Geass, lol, wrong fandom!).
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote