View Single Post
Old 2010-09-01, 11:56   Link #4183
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The Human race has a kind of 80/20 split in cluelessness/clues -- your objective is to find others in the 20% bracket.
You'd be surprised at the significantly smaller bracket in the East Asia region (I estimate to be 5-10%) - everybody is interested in making money but nobody bothers to understand how the financial system works, and how politics and policies drive the market. And.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I'm a Political Science major and sometimes enjoy conversations about politics, but in general I find I avoid them. I guess what it comes down to is while I enjoy thoughtful discussion, I don't like to argue... and many people who like to discuss politics do.
I am currently doing a prepatory diploma to major in Finance or Economics, but that isn't my real interest. I am more interested in mechanical or aerospace engineering (yeah I know, I suck at math, don't rub it in).

I have come to see how actually many young adults have no interest or bother to discover how things work, be it a "science" (Engineering, theoretical science, etc) or "art" (Economics, political, etc) system. They are just interested in the shortest direct method to the end result - the worst method to use for achieving personal success IMO.

Sometimes I wonder why there is a lack of interest in "discovery" of the world and the surroundings we live in, I never bothered to ask this question since I doubt I could get any real answers. Maybe I could give it a try here, writing something in text could probably yield some good philosophy or insight I myself never thought of.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote