View Single Post
Old 2013-10-08, 22:41   Link #6
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

I really liked the anime. Danganronpa was actually my favorite anime of the season (it's the only one I bothered to keep up with week to week and I've found myself thinking about picking up the game even though I don't have a Vita). My biggest problem with it came from the community side of things, where a few game-players thought it would be cute or funny to put major spoilers in unlabeled spoiler tags or even out in the open in their own signature.

I wonder what some game-players wanted out of this anime. Character interactions? You can't even get all of them from a single playthrough, so of course the anime would cut a lot of them. And yeah, they generally cut out most of the investigations, but I didn't have any problems with that as an anime viewer. Even if they'd shown them, there wouldn't have been any time for the viewers to process them unless the anime spent a whole extra episode for each investigation. And what would that have been like? Huge portions of episodes taken up by "Oooh, that looks important! Oooh, that looks important!"? That would have gotten old, fast.