View Single Post
Old 2004-01-13, 11:10   Link #8
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
A stand-alone post.

It's scary, I was talking about this same thing with NoSanninWa this morning, and I see that someone else noticed this flamewar "problem".

My idea is, if my opinion counts at all, that while we don't have big flamewars, the quick act against the little ones makes this forum so peaceful.

My point of view on this problem is that while it's a good thing to give some days of rest to the more abitual flamers (read: 1 or max 2 days of ban to cool down a little.) it's also good to close the hread for a few days.

The main point here is to show that, while flaming is a bad thing, it's not something only moderators have to fight with. If you are discussing on a thread and suddendly someone start some name-calling, you (you user) should be the first one to throw some water to the fire. Try to lighten a little the discussion, to avoid "hot" topics (there are gajillion of examples of "hot topic") or try to "scold" a little the flamers. Then the moderators will take action if the war keeps up.

The moderators are not enough ( 6/8 active moderator against 7.600 members is a little too much ) when you turn your head the other way instead of trying to lighten the mood yourself.
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote