View Single Post
Old 2007-07-10, 00:52   Link #910
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Chrono mentions that it will be difficult to get a renewal. I am assuming a renewal for Hayate removing her limiter, to a degree?

Although this concept of being difficult to get a renewal baffles me. I mean, the mages are granted permission to remove their limiter because the situation requires it.

Let's throw in a hypothetical situation. If they don't allow the renewal, and Hayate is not allowed to release her limiter in the future when she needs it, two results could occur: 1) she dies because she was not strong enough to protect herself, or 2) a lot of other people die (a city perhaps?) because she did not have enough power to protect them.

Hence, the whole idea of it being difficult to get a renewal kind of sounds ridiculous.

You have to consider why they would allow or disallow her to remove her limiter, you're making it sound as if they'll disallow it on purpose all the time even if the situation calls for it.

If the situation is already gone too far south, I don't see why they won't allow her. But it's understandable that certain scenarios doesn't call for a tactical Nuclear strike.

Or certain times a full release is not recommended, like if the fight is in the middle of a city.

Take this situation for example, Chrono has to go through quite a bit of trouble explaining why Hayate needs to personally deal with the drones instead of letting her captains deal with it.