View Single Post
Old 2010-05-25, 18:09   Link #22
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
I was happy about the Ichigo and co portions of the ep. Bored watching the lame ass fight that was Renji and co.
The problem is the power gap between Ichigo and the sidekicks are increasing exponentially at every opponent Ichigo is fighting. Renji gained his fame when he fought Ichigo (I still think its the tattos ), Rukia earned her fans through her interaction with Ichigo, and Chad is the lovable silent friend with the heart of gold. None of them are popular because of their fighting abilities. Even Ishida gained his popularity because how neat the man is with a needle and threads, and he is the strongest among the sidekicks. So when these character are highlighted in an episode for their fights, it just shows how pathetic they truly are everytime Ichigo fights a monster. It also paints the lack of development all these characters receive once the importance of their story are exhausted. Pretty sad, really. After that, they are pretty much used as fill-in to those important moments in Bleach. Bench warmers.

I'm just glad the tree-monster is finished and now they have to deal with Yammi. Hopefully someone will die here. teh-heh..