View Single Post
Old 2010-06-16, 16:27   Link #5628
Chupps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
There are a lot of karma houdinis in Code Geass. An example is Nina - who made a nuclear warhead that killed a good deal of people.

Another example is Villeta and Ohgi, who basically put Lelouch on the path to Zero Requiem - That itself is a horrible sin.
Meh, i hate Nina but she did try and succeed in creating a counter measure to her creation. Though she was responsible for the first ever use of the FLEIJA, she bullied Suzaku into using it, tempting the 'Live On' Geass within him. But if you think about the bigger picture, her successful counter measure aided heavily to the survival of key characters that were instrumental in bringing down Schneizel & eventually bringing about peace between the U.F.N and Britannia. Whether that's enough atonement is up to you i guess.

I'm not entirely convinced Villeta and Ohgi had much bad karma over their shoulders... Sure they helped Schneizel convince the other BK's that Zero can't be trusted, but they were pretty much being swayed by Schneizel's words and proof anyway. Also, Zero had a chance to let his voice be heard, give his side of it. I mean, he's led them through many battles and victories, most of them acknowledge that they'd be dead without him and no one else could have taken them that far. I believe they would have listened to Zero if that's what he wanted. But HE made the decision to have as less people affiliated with him when he went down as possible. Only Kallen realised it in the end, that he did it to take all the blame for his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Who, V. V.?
I was thinking Shirley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Hm, you think so? Considering Schneizel only really cared about the greater good, I can't imagine he would feel very strongly about this slave thing, either - as long as he gets his world peace, everything is peachy in Schneizel Land.

Or at least, that's the impression I got.
The greater good? Sure, as long as he was in charge of it. Being made a slave of Lelouch is probably the worst thing for him, he'd rather die given the choice.
Chupps is offline   Reply With Quote