Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2008-08-28, 15:32   Link #647
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
Another explosive news on Barack Obama...

Born in the U.S.A.?
By: KEITH PHUCAS, Times Herald Staff
08/25/2008

PHILADELPHIA - A Lafayette Hill attorney filed a lawsuit in federal court Thursday challenging Sen. Barack Obama's claim to United States citizenship. The action seeks to remove the Democratic candidate from the November ballot.

To be eligible to serve as U.S. president, a person must be born in this country. According to Obama's birth certificate, which his campaign posted on its Internet site in June to quell rumors that he is foreign born, the Illinois senator was born in Hawaii on Aug. 6, 1961.

On Thursday, Philip Berg filed a temporary restraining order in federal court to bar Obama from running for president, claiming the Democratic candidate was actually born in Africa.

"We really don't believe he was born in Hawaii," Berg said. "We think he was born in Kenya."

http://www.timesherald.com/site/news...id=33380&rfi=6
I swear, since we're making history for having a non-white candidate running for president now, the allegations against Obama as Nov draws closers are gonna get hysterically insane.
For some reason, I'm kinda glad to be sitting on the side line with a bowl of popcorn watching this objectively. You'd almost forget that this is just to choose a leader to benefit the country as much as poss like the rest of the world to in their own countries (if they are under a democratic system)

But the drama you guys must have on your TV screens and news atm, almost feels like a serial TV show...

*TV Drama male voice*
Tune in next week, as we find out the latest shocking secret that could blow Obama's dreams of becoming president sky high!

I kinda feel Vexx's annoyence there and I'm not even voting for this thing...

PS:
I just laughed at that green frog thing xD
I do have faith, so i'm wondering why i'm not offended by that, but find it ridiculous?
(Think i won't be entering heaven anytime soon) >.>

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia