View Single Post
Old 2021-07-06, 02:11   Link #24
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

I don't know how old any of you fellow anime viewers are, or what industry/line of profession you do. But, if you have ever wondered/wished that you had a time machine to go back and do it all over again, this anime seems to resonate best with that idea. I can say for myself that I've had this thought so many times. If only there was a time machine, I would have done X, or pursued Y, and be at a different place in life compared to what I am now. Life is full of choices, and ultimately decisions that can change one's livelihood. The caveat is that one has to have the built up knowledge and experience in order to utilize the time machine correctly, because without knowing what you need to change, going back in time would be useless.

I really like the approach of how they did the time travel, and then the discovery upon discovery of each of the other characters' attributes/traits/skills etc. No doubt after Shinoaki was discovered to be one of the Platinum members, that the other two housemates are for sure going to also be members. It's already impressive to see her raw skill and I can't wait to see the others' as well.

It's great that the MC got his time travel wish, but as he slowly began to realize, his prior experience offers no real advantage. He himself has to make the most of his second chance, because he's up against strong competition. He has to work exponentially harder than his housemates just to keep up.

I'm in awe of the female art school teacher/director. She issued a challenge to all the students to work hard because the stats are staggering. Why work in an industry that is not necessary for basic survival? In my first year, I had zero professors in university start the semester with this line of realistic guidance. Not one mentioned what types of jobs were out there, and the money you could make. All they cared was reciting the material from their textbooks, which is a shame.

I hadn't noticed the length of the episode, so when the first ending credits rolled and a couple of new scenes played out, I thought it was a post credit scene, but the episode kept going! Wow...50 minutes is quite a long time, but I think it was a good way to tie in and establish everything in the first episode (rather than split into two episodes and having viewers wait a week). I'm liking the fan service, but I'm actually more interested in seeing how they handle the development of all the characters from their college days in 2006, to the present in 2016.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote