View Single Post
Old 2012-05-01, 20:56   Link #81
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Sitting down and talking to Amata won't make him suddenly feel anything for her, in Zessica's case she's in denial, the person who she likes doesn't like her back and she's changing her appearance and lying to herself and others saying that she's okay with just loving him, when really she's not okay at all. This is something that Zessica has to figure out herself. In fact in this episode someone did try to talk to her and it didn't help.

This is world of difference from Andy who if he did sit down and talk to Mix again, not unlike what Amata does with Mikono when she's pissed at him, or simply apologized to her properly and then said what he wanted to say, then there wouldn't be a problem. In other words his depression comes from him messing up. Thing is Amata usually snaps out of it before it goes to far.
I didn't mean to sit down and talk to get Amata to like her, the current problem she's facing needs talking with Amata (not just random people) because, as the episode made quite clear, she cannot figure it out herself and he is the center of it all. If she could sort this out, this was a waste of time that they just spent an episode tearing her apart to drag on drama, the fact that she's willing to throw away her life should make it obvious that she has no idea what to do anymore. A rejection is a rejection but, usually, relationships don't end on just the word and have a long discussion that follows; we've not had this and Zessica needs this. Friends and connections are the underlying themes of this show, closing yourself up is not the proper way to go about things (Andy and Zessica). Its not an overly hidden juxtaposition we have here:

-> Amata, Mikono, and MIX, were closed off people when the show started. They've since grown out of this, though Mikono has been relapsing because of "Kagura, I don't know!"
-> Andy and Zessica started this show as open and eager, so to speak, and they've since started clamping up little by little because of their new emotions.

I'll throw this out now. Amata has not *messed up*, and has never been in a situation like Andy. He's never done anything wrong to earn Mikono's ire, the man is a walking saint as far as this show has presented him. He's simply caught in awkward moments because of the drama aspect of this show and the personality they decided to hand to Mikono. Andy is not a saint, he's a horny teen and he made a genuine but unintentional mistake, and thinks that MIX hates him now. Andy is stuck and needs to talk, unfortunately, he needed something drastic to snap him out of his wallowing in self-pity. Zessica similarly needed something drastic and got it too.

None of them are identical, but I have a hard time overlapping Amata with Andy, or Mikono with MIX.