View Single Post
Old 2008-03-10, 16:21   Link #888
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBrotha View Post
I can tell you that it's no easier when it's -20 celcius and you're not allowed to use gloves in your trigger hand... after an hour or so of holding the nice lump'o'iron in your hands it becomes kinda hard to actually feel anything. not to mention trying to adjust the damn thing with them numb fingers...
...and i never found prone to be the problem when firing, it was crouching... standing was done at half range, so i never had a problem with that... and no one stands straight in a fire fight anyway, unless they intend to leave feet first...
We trained in foxhole sandbag and prone firing only. Trouble with the range was the rocks and sand. But I hear you in the cold stuff. The training was what I would call mismanaged. Trying to train too many people how to use their weapons effectively without anyone actually qualified for teaching. No wonder it takes three weeks... I could get a person to understand the firing concepts and what to watch out for with just a day with them. Firearms safety however, that DOES need to be pounded into skulls over three weeks. But If I can qualify with messed up vision (glasses with 3 year old presciption... and scratched, and I was plinking those pesky 300 meter targets just fine) I can certainly teach a few people how to hit something unless they were just plain horrible. Not exactly a cakewalk skill, but at the same time, it's not an X-games skill.