View Single Post
Old 2008-03-10, 19:01   Link #891
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
We trained in foxhole sandbag and prone firing only. Trouble with the range was the rocks and sand. But I hear you in the cold stuff. The training was what I would call mismanaged. Trying to train too many people how to use their weapons effectively without anyone actually qualified for teaching. No wonder it takes three weeks... I could get a person to understand the firing concepts and what to watch out for with just a day with them. Firearms safety however, that DOES need to be pounded into skulls over three weeks. But If I can qualify with messed up vision (glasses with 3 year old presciption... and scratched, and I was plinking those pesky 300 meter targets just fine) I can certainly teach a few people how to hit something unless they were just plain horrible. Not exactly a cakewalk skill, but at the same time, it's not an X-games skill.
LOL I easily taught a rookie in the basics of shooting a lvl-2 standard qualification within 15 minutes :3

In the program I took during the summer, there are four lvls of qualification, 1-4, with 4 being the highest. I walked away form that course with a lvl 4 qualifcation, although my shooting has probably by now degraded back down to a lvl 3, possibly due to a lvl 2 now because I haven't been on a range since then T.T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm not contesting Goose's findings, however, you should remember that Subaru -who is by no means a ranged expert- also formed a Wing Road at pinpoint accuracy along the same range. Are you saying that Subaru outranges Nanoha now?
Yeah...I have to agree with Keroko. Nanoha's and possibly Hayate's range of fire is immense. Not may characters could possibly match their range. Plus here's the thing...Nanoha is an Ace! She's going to have superb range.

Quote:
Oh I get it, I just don't buy it. A veteran shocked to the point where they can't even move out of the way of a snails pace attack? Sounds rather unbelievable.
The day I see that happen is that day I get myself shot for being a stupid idiot and not dodge something I had pleanty of time for. Vita did not. Here's a something that might help you get an idea: try considering that it's the anime version of Matrix time.

Quote:
So you're saying that if you play enough shooters, you will automatically be able to aim right with a real gun as soon as you pick one up?
I can say right now: IMPOSSIBLE!

The configuration of the sight on games is utterly different to what you see on a real sight. Plus, it's a computer screen.

Secondly, even if you play a crap-load of real life ARCADE shooters, it's not going to prepare you for the real thing. The sights are not properly zeroed, the real things are way heavier than the arcade units, and most of all, RECOIL! It's going to leave a hell of a bruise if you're not ready for such impacts, compared to the taps that those shooters do.

Last edited by ghazghkull; 2008-03-10 at 19:24.