View Single Post
Old 2008-10-13, 20:48   Link #89
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yoruichi View Post
It's not that I don't like fillers. Generally, even in the filler arcs there are quite a few good episodes. But, I don't take them seriously because they're not canon. Since they aren't canon, they can't really do much for character development, and we don't get to see anything we haven't seen before. Like Yama-jii fighting; we didn't get to see it in the filler arc because we haven't seen him truly fight in the canon, and they aren't going to put something not in the canon in a filler.

But even if I said I hated fillers, I don't know why people would have to neg rep for that. It's just a difference of opinion. And everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You don't have to agree with everyone, but you should at least respect that their opinions may differ from your own, and there's nothing wrong with that.
While I may not agree entirely, you do have a point. I have yet to see character development in a filler arc that contributes positively to our understanding of one of the main characters in any way. It's generally a lot of recycled sentiments and actions which gets boring and tedious after the first oh I dunno, three filler arcs? I can certainly understand the frustration of viewers. Why can't filler arcs provie us with some substance? Is that really too much to ask?