View Single Post
Old 2011-01-25, 16:33   Link #21719
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

People are free to disagree with me on a moral standpoint; heck, I'll even accept if you say "Look, it might have negative consequences, but on the whole I think the act can be justified." I do hope, at least, that you have a comprehensible ethical standard to back up your disagreement, however. Just guiding principles, you know?

Stop and think for a second: Put yourself in the shoes of Gohda's mom. Your son dies when his employer's home literally blows up. The police are not inclined to provide significant details. He gets very little media attention because he wasn't rich or famous like the people he worked for. And some asshole teenagers on the Internet, goaded on by irresponsible jerks like Professor Ootsuki, start spinning nonsense about he was a witch, no he was the killer, no he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time!

Is the grief of Gohda's mom and the desire for closure and some kind of understanding of the truth of what happened to her son and whether he did anything wrong subordinate to the personal satisfaction of Ushiromiya Battler and Ange, just because they're more important fictional characters? Is it really a matter of "Well Gohda's mom doesn't exist in the narrative but Battler and Ange do so it's more important to discuss what's moral as relates to them?" That is messed up in my mind.

Won't somebody please think of Gohda's mom?
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote