View Single Post
Old 2006-01-08, 12:48   Link #71
Darmani

Location: Michigan ... Rochester Hills by some gas station and my job
Send a message via Yahoo to Darmani
While the translation differs from shinsen I can't attest to its accuracy (or lack their of)

Some points felt off, I did love the effect you tried for the gaggle of notes on the door.

Now...
As to the episode itself...
I really wish we'd had this level of true complexity from the start. Killing people will leave a whole and condemn yourself in place of the things your loved ones wanted.

Was the mayor supposed to look like someone. His face seemed peculiar in style (then again the reporter's daughter seems to spontaneously develop bobble or worse Maromi head at times).

Its getting plainer and plainer the string pullers are losers playing a negative sum game.

I am really starting to distruct that spider. At first I just thought it was "Grandma" now I think its watcher from Enma's Dad or something.

I'm pretty much getting an Aiden vibe from the reporter's Daughter. Now to be fair I *just* watched the Ring 2 (and Scary Movie 3) over the break so I am likely projecting. I also know the Ring series (both of them) draw from basic horror traditions of uncatchable ghosts. The human heart expanded out from the rib cage over the world and so the players within it are like figments in the spirits demented imagination.

But still I'm not seeing much new ground being coverred. At least they've stopped cycling the plots. I get that establishing a formula is important. So they do that for eps 1-6. 7 begins more serious divergence. 8 sets up a series conflict. 14 is all about undermining the conceits of episodes 1-6 (they're not THAT evil, yeah even pedo-boy, its called a gun pick up some training in it).

I can't hope to tell the little girls apart in this series (aside from Enma and Bone Lady) which is a plus when they want to pull costuming shennanigans but just makes connecting with a victim - who not only looks like the previous but often rotely ACTS like one- each episode. Especially if the tragedy they are into vegeance over can be resolved or gotten over less at the price of their own soul (say nothing if the person themselves don't deserve it).

I loved chunky boy with the SMB2 Phantasm mask and without the mask. I am a little disturbed how easily guys go evil in this series.
I still say baseball dude was the dumbest guy ever (audio recording, how about CONFESSING TO THE POLICE) though the girl with the dog is a damned close second.
Darmani is offline   Reply With Quote