View Single Post
Old 2012-11-14, 14:11   Link #1560
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post

As for the chapter, I like that we finally got some content. Learning about the bankais was great. It finally gave some answers and sets up Ichigo for another inner session with his sword. Obviously he's intimately connected with his zanpaktou - that's been clear since the beginning. His out will be healing himself entirely first.

The designs for zero squad are interesting. I'm convinced more than ever now that Ichigo's "Dad" was formerly one of them. Seems to be the only way he fits into the story at this point. If Masaki was a Quincy then the two of them being together during the shinigami/quincy war could have been interpreted as an act of high treason = expulsion from SS.

Damn, I really hope that storyline gets fleshed out. Would be nice to finally have an answer.
The bankai info was great, but as we've seen with Renji and the canon omakes, his bankai was completely shattered and then Mayuri modified the spirit (turning it into a woman from the baboon with snake tail that we first saw it as). So by that logic, Renji's bankai shouldn't have ANY joints on it. But eh...the Komamura explanation was brilliant though...I've alway loved how he was connected to his bankai...him and Tousen had some prettycool out there bankais.

I love the designs of zero squad. First I thought they were crazy looking but then I read the chaper again and I love them. A lot of people whined about reused designs/characters and we get a change and they dont like it. It's about time the more happy, cheerful, comic relief people get into the spotlight. Last attempt we had was Hachi from the Vizards, and he got to show how powerful he was--so these people will definitely impress.

Also have to remember Kubo just introduced 26 (minus the dead ones) Stern Ritter's existences...so yeah, want Byakuya like characters, go look there. (Plus as bad as the arc was, the Fullbringers all had that 'badass' esque design to them as well, even Ichigo's random boss...so yeah, all welcomed. And that lady on the right? Amazing =D. Kubo has never really done lipstick lips on his characters...so I love it.

Definitely see Ichigo's dad being a part of the Zero Division, or better yet (to explain why Byakuya didn't recognize the Kurosaki name), he was on his way to joining Zero Division during the Quincy extermination but he was caught with Masaki and that caused him to be turned down and forced into hiding--very much stricken from the records...only problem is still Bach's 'my son...' statemnt
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote