View Single Post
Old 2012-06-24, 22:28   Link #45
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
But would I need another case fan only to reduce the temperature of the CPU, or is it good for other things? Right now my CPU is doing pretty well.
A case should have two fans minimum, 1 for intake and 1 for exhaust. I find it odd that your case has only one exhaust fan and no intake especial if it is a gaming PC case because one has to take into an account of how hot the GPU and CPU are going to be running when playing games for long extended periods of time.
Quote:
This one CPU fan and heat sink I found that has a 5/5 rating after many reviews has written reviews, and some of them said that they replaced the stock cooler for the same CPU I have and got lower temperatures. I'd much rather just put in a new fan and heat sink for the CPU then another system fan.
That's fine. Got a link to this said Heatsink and fan?
Quote:
The system fan will be harder, the CPU fan and heat sink I'm looking at is said to be pretty easy to install.
That is true CPU fans are very simple to install because most of the attachments are universal and standardized. Case fan maybe be easy or a pain depending on how the manufacture of the case decides to design it.

Here the idle temperatures for my CPU and GPU along with their fan speeds.
Spoiler for My temps:

Last edited by Wandering_Youth; 2012-06-24 at 23:07.
Wandering_Youth is offline   Reply With Quote