View Single Post
Old 2013-11-02, 15:36   Link #3426
Kurohane

The below is from GoldenUmi of GX_ST:

Quote:
This announcement has been coming for a while now but I decided to finally make it. I'll be posting this on both GX_ST's forum and NAC's forum respectively.

As you've all noticed, my releases for ZeXal have slowed and slowed recently as real life has gotten more challenging. I'm now at the point where there's no way I can guarantee even one episode a week, partly due to my own lack of motivation to work on the series and my decreasing interest in the franchise over the past few months due to ZeXal's terrible writing and inconsistencies, not to mention its treatment of characters.

That said, I'm looking to gather a team of members who can help me keep the spirit going. If I can get a translator in addition to people who still enjoy the series and who have the time and motivation to keep the project alive, I'll eventually step down altogether and leave the future of the series in the hands of those I feel are capable of handling the releases. But time will tell.

So pass this message along to your friends and anyone else who's a fan of ZeXal and who relies on (to my knowledge) the only English sub of this series out there to date. I am only one person and the pressure of being the only one people rely on for this series is very stressful, and while I do not want to, I am getting close to a point where I may drop the project altogether if I do not receive any help by the time either the ZeXal anime ends or the current arc dealing with the Barians ends and a new storyline begins; whichever of these comes first. No matter what I will finish subbing the Barian plotline, but if I don't get any help releases are going to come out even slower than now...I'm talking months behind more than likely.

In order to keep releases coming at a decent pace that is acceptable to the community, I need your help in recruiting the following team members:

Translators: This is key for the continuation of the project and more than one would be for the best so one person is not burdened with everything.

Timers: I need people dedicated to timing the translated scripts.
Editors: I need people who are very fluent in English to look over scripts to ensure that the final released script feels natural in English.
Encoders: I'd like to find people who have the time to encode MKV releases.
Quality Checkers (QC): At least one person who can watch the finalized episode and double check for any errors that were missed.

In the meantime I will slowly work away at the episodes already out, but I'm slowly getting more and more behind due to my schedule and other responsibilities/projects.

And one last time, whether I get help or not, I will be dropping this project at the end of the series or current storyline, whichever comes first. However, I will continue finalizing previous series, including ZeXal, and releasing the Toei series.

~GoldenUmi
You can contact him on the GX_ST website if interested.