View Single Post
Old 2009-08-18, 09:44   Link #6
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Awakened zoans have amazing regeneration abilities and physical toughness... and seeing how Marcos phoenix-form regenerates itself from flames points that he either dont really need to reach awekened state or he already has.

Marco is very high end player in One Piece and I expect that Whitebeard's crew has very good information about devil fruit properties, if Crocodile knew about awakened state then its not that far etched to believe that Marco would know about it.

Actually, I wouldn't say that Awakened Zoans have heightened regenerative capabilities..... just a high level of endurance. Remember how the minotaur of Impel Down still had wounds from his first beatdown from Luffy and co. when he reappeared later on? Chopper was also already heavily wounded when he revealed his Monster Point at Enies Lobby, but he was still pretty much an unstoppable beast, as well......

But yeah, I'd definitely say an Awakened Phoenix would truly be a force to be reckoned with. He already has the ability to regenerate, but add to that the near-limitless endurance? Holy crap, Batman! Boy, am I glad to see how Oda has evolved Zoans over the last year....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
And excuse my OP noobness, but what does "Awakened" state" reffers to?

Remember the guardian beasts of Impel Down? Crocodile referred to them as being "Awakened" Zoans. They also share some physical characteristics with Chopper in his Monster Point form, so it's assumed that he can reach an Awakened state, as well. It definitely seems to imply that Zoans are at their strongest when in this state.....