View Single Post
Old 2011-09-21, 12:55   Link #530
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Well that 7/10 for Memories of Nobody wasn't a typo. I genuinly thought it was good.
That wasn't a typo?!?!

Honestly I didn't care for that movie at all...but I am not sure if was because I thought it was crap or because I hated Senna because I am an IchiRuki shipper or because she was an annoying mix of Orihime and Rukia or all of the above
Quote:
And I've heard that "lower your expectations" thing before and to be honest I'd rather keep my standards exactly where they are. Lowering them is exactly what I want to avoid.
You don't have to lower them...I am just saying "high expectations" shouldn't apply to Bleach movies because they're generally crap

You have a better chance of actually plucking the moon out of the sky than you doing seeing a Bleach movie that's actually AMAZING.

Quote:
You don't consider the concept of Hell to be truly ambiguous and debatable subject?
No. I think it's a pointless debate to be honest, because it depends largely on what ones culture, religious beliefs, and morals are.

There are some things that doesn't need to be debated. Kokuto said "I wanted others to experience the same pain that I did" that means he went around killing the younger sisters of others. Some acts are just depraved, clearly- no debate.

Quote:
Not always no, but I think in this case it would've helped. If you're going to go for a straight "action packed but lacking depth" kinda story, then it's important that lack of depth is made up for by a combination of good creativity and execution (e.g Summer Wars or Redline). Sadly this film was lacking in those areas as well...
or you have great battle scenes--which it did, despite some of them being rehashes of previous manga fights

The action more than made up for everything else it lacked

Quote:
That's...not what I was confused about. I understood "Hell's will". What I was confused about was who was behind "Hell's will". Was is Soul Society? Was it someone in charge of Hell that we didn't see? Was it Hell it self that has a mind of it's own?
I am going to take a guess here and say--it's the "same being" who created SS, Living Realm, Shinigami and Hollows

I will wait for Kubo to give that explanation in the manga. I don't want a movie that he said he had nothing to do with, to tell us that. I believe he should and I am glad they didn't tell us that

Quote:
They succumbed to the "Shonen Secondary Character Syndrome"
...is that what that was? Thanks for clearing that up for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxiel View Post
One gripe I had with this was the 'standardised damaged appearance' Ichigo's Bankai outfit seemed to have. Both times his coat gets damaged in the film, it swiftly reverts to the 'just the right sleeve' look he had when fighting Ulquiorra.
I don't mind it getting damaged, but being damaged in the exact same way both times?
Bonus points for being apparently unable to enter Full Hollow mode unless his outfit's reverted to the same state as when he first did it [in much the same way as Ikkaku can only do his Bankai while shirtless]. It's as if the right sleeve's indestructible, while the rest is a seal on his Hollow mode?

Before this becomes a complete 'complaining' post, I have to agree that the soundtrack was nice... and Cometh The Hour linked above was excellent. It's one of those 'Shit's getting serious' songs that Bleach OSTs do a good line in.
--I didn't notice any of that before you posted it...especially shirtless being a prerequisite for Ikkaku's bankai...

I guess that right sleeve is made out of some materials the rest of his Shihakusho isn't made of