View Single Post
Old 2012-08-03, 13:01   Link #303
lordblazer
Radical Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I think you're thinking of it the wrong way. SAO is based on clearing a 100 floor tower and beating the boss of every floor, not some kind of warlike activity. The frontlines in episodes 1 and 2 was floor 1 because that's as far as they had gotten up the tower at the start. Since Kirito has a house on the 50th floor we know the frontlines are now past that somewhere, on some floor 50+.
No, I understand clearly. I am using an analogy. Not so much saying it is warlike, but in how the players talk about it, it might as well be a war zone because of the level of unknowns on each floor. The players behind get the benefit of having knowledge of what lies ahead, and strategies to successfully clear those challenges. The front line players don't get this luxury. It's succeed or die, with no advance knowledge of what they will be facing. That's pretty much warlike to me, that's what I call a battlefield/conflict zone. I dunno. I'm thinking too much about it because of my field IRL is conflict analysis. Soo everytime I'm in a conflict zone. There is for me a level of unknown and a lot of it has to do with the fact that our security during research may not be enough. Soo in this way I kinda can relate to this anime XD

Anyway what I am curious about is how come the gov'ts in this series can't just get all the patients in one area and use a short-range emp blast to get them out of the game safely?
lordblazer is offline   Reply With Quote