View Single Post
Old 2012-09-08, 11:58   Link #433
natsu_san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
From your questions I think you're not familiar with MMO's terms.

Party: A temporary team formed with random people or known people to go hunt monsters or complete quests. Usually you create it before the activity and disband it aftwards since it's temporary. The benefit of forming a party is that usually it adds a visible list with the members of the party and their HP to your "User Interface" so you can see them easily. And depending on the MMO only people in the same party can attack the same monsters, or cast healing spells to members of the same party. Also most of the time you get a private chat/messaging channel to talk with only your party (team members). Outside SAO, in many MMOs drops from killed monsters are pooled for the party, so party members can distribute them or choose who receives them.

Friends list in MMO: Just like in facebook or any instant messenger, you add someon as a friend and you'll see their online status in your friend list and can message them whenever you want, well most of the time (In SAO you can't message people in dungeons, hidden or death).

Guild: In layman's terms a union or club with a common goal or for socializing. In MMOs there are tools and menus to administer this stuff.
In fact I'm not familiar with MMO at all. Thank you for the explanation.
I find it a bit strange that creation and disband of the party wasn't in the LN. Maybe I didn't see it, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't there. Anyway it doesn't matter
natsu_san is offline   Reply With Quote