View Single Post
Old 2006-04-30, 00:43   Link #29
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Hmm, this thread may be treading on thin ice...

But anyways, my votes go to Haruhi/Yuki and Tsuruya/Kyon.

Haruhi/Yuki: Rather than say, Yuki becomming a tool to develop Haruhi's character, both of their characters/personalities contrast and play on each other a lot. In the end, both Haruhi and Yuki become developped by these contrasts while indirectly having contact with each other.
The most obvious contrasts between the two are quite literally on the surface; Haruhi is overly-hyper versus Yuki who is very reserved in comparison.
Spoiler for not sure but I'll spoiler anyways:

I believe that the contrasts between the two characters will become a driving force for the story later on.

Kyon and Tsuruya : Kyon is in the simplest terms, the hero of the story. In a broader scope, he'll fall into a harem lead category what with being around 3 ladies all the time
Spoiler for And possibly another one in the future? :o:
In the first case, his sarcastic narrative and accessibility to the viewers (being "normal" and all) wins him some appreciation. In the second case, regardles of the fact that he exhibits forms of uselessness is overshadowed by the fact that Haruhi really is an overpowering force. I guess coupled with a more real-life setting, it's reasonable to assume that a wimpy harem lead role is acceptable. This is also leveraged by the fact that his narrative form a method of attack against his oppressor, so that he doesn't seem very wimpy after all.

Tsuruya-San is simply genki off the scale. So infections that her laugh could put your face into a goofy contorted smirk. I'd love to see more screen-time for Tsuruya-san.

Sadly I can't vote for Mikuru as my statement from episode 3 still stands, and since all votes are final, I believe I covered a broad enough scope

Last edited by Shirobane; 2006-04-30 at 01:59.