View Single Post
Old 2008-07-17, 17:11   Link #37
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

No, no, no Kaoshin la, this is what we call consistency. How would you react if Ep24 suddenly came out with the regular series' Illusionary World animation? Sure, people will say, HOLY SHIT, this one's got
Quote:
unparalleled visuals
, but wouldn't you feel more at home if it uses the series' usual animation styles? And since you're watching more recent shows from good and well-known studios, then it's a given that their animation quality's gonna be ahead of Clannad by a good 3 months at least. Clannad isn't KyoAni's most beautifully animated work IMO, as I believe that Haruhi is still their most beautifully animated series.

Also, you got the genres wrong Kaoshin la. You can't label this as mecha/action just because there's an Illusionary World robot. Clannad is slice-of-life/romance/drama/comedy, and obviously one wouldn't go comparing the animation of action/fighting scenes, explosions and general chaos to people talking, walking, eating, making some jokes and cool poses, more walking and talking... maybe let's add in some crying and more talking... you get the point.

And would you mind giving us a link to those people posting about this episode's
Quote:
unparalleled visuals
so we may all scorn on their biased reviews and blind KyoAni fanboyism?

----------

On topic though, I have been looking forward to this Ep ever since it was announced. Will rate and post thoughts/comparisons later after I have finished watching the subs.

And if ever there's gonna be a Kyou route OVA, please make it be an excellent adaptation of her route in the game. Also, make it more than 23 minutes this time please. Two 23-minute OVAs would be great.