View Single Post
Old 2010-04-25, 23:15   Link #40
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Ha! They managed to garner some sympathy for Envy from me, so I guess it was well done.

And the reason Envy gave those speeches and tried to turn everyone against each other--I never really realized that this, too, could be tied to envy. He was jealous of humans--resented that they had what he didn't--and that may be why he especially tried to bring out the worst in them.
But of course, people in general get annoyed or angry when they see other people doing things they themselves cannot do, and Envy (both the sin and the character) is basically the extreme of that.

In that scene Envy was trying to make them give in to their weaknesses and show their ugly emotions, which would result in them fighting amongst themselves. But they were better than that. Envy isn't. Just remember his exchange with the original Greed. All it took was was for Greed to call him ugly and Envy already wanted to beat him to death.

It hasn't happened here yet thankfully, but I've seen some people in other forums claim that Envy being jealous of humans came out of nowhere and had never been hinted at before, but it's funny because if you go and rewatch the show with that in mind, every single one of his actions makes perfect sense and is in accordance with that.