View Single Post
Old 2008-07-07, 21:26   Link #116
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurys View Post
Ah, I saw that meme and yeash, so many "Sheryl is annoying" comments

It's mostly a gender thing though, females root for the sweet underdog (easier to identify with) and feel threatened by Sheryl types.
Of course it's a generalization etc etc
Hmmm, dunno but I don't want to identify with the underdog if she's like Ranka, see I'm not fond of Cinderella stories But yes I get the point.

Isn't it interesting that we're delving on the social side of the audience? I think the ages x character preference has something to do with who you are as a person. Isn't it always like that, you root for the character you relate to? Personally, in the world I go around in, it is really the strong girls who are in control who get on top of the corporate world. That's why I like Sheryl, she, as a lot of people mentioned, is the "modern woman". She's strong, but she can be playful and supportive. Young girls on the other hand who are perhaps protected from the harsh realities of the world by their families or by schooling, are more idealistic and think that a person can be innocent and cute and get on the top of the ladder. This rarely happens though, but see... a lot of TV dramas have this kind of Cinderella-like girl character and you just know that the TV is fooling you with circumstances that rarely happen! That's why I feel like it's so refreshing to see a Sheryl archetype in an anime.

Last edited by mike_s_6; 2008-07-07 at 21:39.