View Single Post
Old 2011-08-12, 00:31   Link #23739
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
On a side note, I really think everyone should drop the "provable" aspect within Umineko. Even if an entire arc was written in red or whatever and made complete logical sense out of everything, as long as a single character within the narrative gives us a hint that there's a small chance this could still be wrong, none would take it as "necessarily true" (except for the specific quotes that fits the personal theories or ... un anti-theories of each of us personally). That's sorta what Umineko ensnared us in. That's why the final question is what you want to believe as the truth and not "what is the truth".

If anything saying that "x theory" cannot be proven should be a given by now.
It's important to know the limitations of what is, or might be, provable in a given part of Umineko, however. For example if we discuss the information people should have in R-Prime, we can't prove they have that information, but we can "prove" that anyone familiar with the Rokkenjima Incident in the "real world" of Umineko ought to know some fact. Knowing which facts people would have to know, which facts they might know, and which facts they can't know is interesting for e.g. figuring out what the Hacihjou team would actually be able to find out about things when writing their stories.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote