Thread: Licensed Simoun
View Single Post
Old 2006-04-03, 22:31   Link #34
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
The morphing of 2D art and 3D objects is seamless and peerless. Even the recent Noein, which had excellent 2D/3D combination scenes would be hard-pressed to produce something as perfect-looking as this. Honestly, I am not overstating my case here, it is THAT good.
I agree the 3D was rather nice. I do love the ship designs and found it interesting that they could open up their cockpit glass and yet at one-another while flying (or hover...I couldn't tell). There was probably one glaring spot where the 3D/2D didn't match well, but it's a minor point.

I happen to like the character desings a lot. Rich colors mixed in with flowing pastels. Hair colors are spot on and mix well. You can tell which pilots should be together.
Quote:
Those looking for yuri smut, honestly, Strawberry Panic would probably fit that bill much better. There are scenes that might seem like gratuitous yuri (yes, lots of kissing), but they actually manage to convey a boatload of conflicting emotion ranging from lust, friendship, comraderie, disgust, uneasyness...
True again (from what I could tell), but I must admit that I found this scene rather sensual:

They have extremely full lips and that's a well animated kiss. It was a nice touch by the director to have her lunge back for a second helping.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote