Thread: Licensed Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 (BONES)
View Single Post
Old 2009-07-10, 11:20   Link #104
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Wow..........
<_< Don't be alarmed. It's just Traece. I know, I know... My presence brings much splendor, but no harm will come to you or anyone else.

I read the description for this one, and here was my immediate thought:
Disaster Report: The Game: The Anime
Anyone else sort of get that impression? But no, despite that it should prove to be interesting and I'll have to pick it up and see what it's like.

Also, as far as an Earthquake Detection System goes, although there are stations for monitoring tremors and such all over the globe those sorts of readings aren't even close to being well in advance. Think of it like predicting the weather, except the weather is underground. Yeah, pretty freaky eh? :P We can barely predict what the weather will be like, even if we can see it.
Now earthquake protection is a different story entirely, and quite a fascinating one. As far as small building go, to my knowledge protection from earthquakes generally relies on how sturdy the structure is, since it's so small. Skyscrapers however, are actually made with systems to allow it to move during an earthquake. So if you're ever in the vicinity of an earthquake and you see skyscrapers moving from side to side, it's because they are moving on their own with the earthquake to prevent collapse or tipping.

Last edited by Traece; 2009-07-10 at 11:28. Reason: Use Protection. ... On your buildings.
Traece is offline   Reply With Quote