View Single Post
Old 2008-12-09, 03:13   Link #194
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Ami has, probably, the most interesting personality of the lot of them by really having "three faces" or more rather than just two...The biggest blank in the anime version of the characters remains Kitamura. I keep wondering if he's got the "white knight" flaw of just being fairly boring as a character.
Just three?

And I speculate -- with zero novel knowledge, just in case -- that Kitamura knows something important about Ami's past (they're childhood friends after all) and how she came to adapt the Ami-chan mask. I think if done right it could both be a character development on Ami and Kitamura at the same time, especially why he does what he does, which so far is kind of not making too much sense all else considering.

Because while Kawashima is definitely human in a sense: once we know her, we know (as you said) what makes her so awesome. Kitamura, on the other hand, is on the far weird side of humanity, or, well, anime character-y.

But really, what could have forced Ami to adopt the Ami-chan mask? Despite her flirtatious front, I get this feeling that she's very very reserved [aww moment in one of the earlier episodes: lonely Ami sitting in a corner...until our Takasu showed up! =)], so it should have been something quite personal.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2008-12-09 at 03:28. Reason: if you don't want it to be read, then use PMs - removed.