View Single Post
Old 2011-01-24, 09:48   Link #21665
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
For example, in EP1 and 2, the siblings argue, especially about the position their finances or their companies are in. It was said that Krauss did background checks on them. Now, this conversation was written by Yasu, but involved events that occurred off the island. If Krauss did the background check but did not tell Yasu... then how could Yasu know about these things to write them? Therefore, only two things could have happened. Yasu did her own background check. Somehow? Or, she had Krauss do the background check for her (or he did it and for some reason told Yasu in great detail). This seems more the likely scenario given Krauss seems to be the one written of as having all the connections. So this leads you to realize Krauss may know some if not a lot of Yasu's plan already. And earlier, same with Rudolf. (Maybe why they are murdered so often.)
Or, and I'm just playing devil's advocate here, she made the whole thing up. I know how dumb that sounds, but we don't actually know what financial wrangling Eva had to do to keep the Ushiromiya Group solvent. We aren't told by a credible narrator that, for instance, the exact financial problems mentioned in Krauss's speech are all true.
Quote:
Basically we can push 100% on the Author theory now... if Yasu wrote something she could not observe herself easily, then she MUST have been informed by someone else. This goes the same with Battler in EP3-6.
Reasonable enough, an author can't write something he or she doesn't know. Again, unless they just make it up. That's always a possibility.
Quote:
... and... this led me to have very, very suspicious thoughts about Battler. He seems to know too much. Granted he could've picked this up from EP1-2... but... I remember there was something odd about EP3-4 where he began supplying his own new information... if I can only remember what it was...

It occurs to me that Battler-Prime may have been much, much more involved in the family than Yasu gave him credit for.
Intriguing, isn't it?

Bear in mind, however, that we have no idea what information channels exist outside of what comes up in the stories. For instance, how does Battler know that Maria wrote a diary? That Ange had the diary? That Ange's life was influenced by the diary? It appears that this has to have been at least partially true, or she wouldn't know about Sakutarou. But how would either Hachijou learn that?

Yet we can't say "well it's impossible," because we don't know for sure. For all we know there's a magazine article about Ange and Ikuko just bought it and showed it to Tohya/Battler. Or they just made the whole thing up. It's basically unverifiable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
So basically the Red Truth is completely and utterly meaningless. That's awesome.
Technically it "applies to all games." For all we know it can never speak of "reality," but only to a frame of reference known to a meta-character which may or may not coincide with reality depending on how close an approximation of the real person the spoken to character is.

i.e. Bern can talk to 1998 Ange about what "really happened" because Meta-Ange is a close approximation of the Ange who actually lived (but is not in fact that Ange specifically) and thus Bern can speak to experiences that map closely with the real world. But Virgilia can't tell Meta-Battler that "in reality, you were not a culprit" because Meta-Battler is so far removed from Battler-Prime as to essentially be another character (Tohya, if you want to call him that).

Or she could literally be saying Battler wasn't the culprit and he in fact wasn't. Whoops, closed catbox. Thanks a lot, Ryukishi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
It's not like "it could be worked around", it works, period.

the servant Shannon and Kanon are furnitures, that means they are fake existences, they are cover up identities.

The true person behind them isn't a servant at all, the true person behind them is the true head of the Ushiromiya family, quite the opposite of a servant.
That is so bogus logic though. I mean, I'm not saying it isn't clearly Ryukishi's intent, or that it technically breaks a rule (since we're all pretty sure she's not the culprit), but c'mon.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error

Last edited by Renall; 2011-01-24 at 10:00.
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote