Thread: Crunchyroll Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-23, 11:03   Link #334
Kirarakim

Quote:
Killua, a regular kid deep down, really?
Yes Really and yes I know all about that & it doesn't change what I said at all (but I don't really think you should be posting spoilers like that even under a cut).

A character can have more than one facet to their personality. Despite being very different from a normal kid in many respects, Killua still enjoys doing things like a regular kid. That doesn't take away from other aspects of his character. Actually it made him more interesting & unique to me than if he started out as a cold & distant & gradually changed to more cheerful thanks to Gon's influence. Not that type of character development is bad (and I am sure it was well written too).

edit: I also hardly think I am passing judgement on the original series. I never said one was better than the other; just that I really loved how Killua was portrayed in the manga and I would not personally enjoy seeing that changed.

Maybe my tone in that last reply was a little harsh but it was only in response to the constant "the first anime did it better" I always feel I see here. And trust me I am in no way a manga purist when it comes to Hunter X Hunter.

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2011-10-23 at 14:38.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote