View Single Post
Old 2012-02-02, 12:22   Link #868
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by brolyeuphyfusion View Post
I know, but if the character can't even damage a phone, then that says something.
Lelouch's power came from his intellect.
You know, the old "brain over brawn" cliche.

My problem is not with the character Okuchi and Taniguichi created in S1, it is how they horribly raped Lelouch's integrity in R2.
Specifically the Zero Requiem.
Had they not done that, then I think I could vote Lelouch the best anime character of the 2000-2010 decade.
Sadly they ruined him by making him a lunatic that chose suicide over responsibility.
I don't respect a character that kills him/herself and runs away from the mess they've created.
Lelouch destroyed the Sakuradite mines in Fuji, which according to the show was the largest mine in the world and responsible for well over a third of the world's sakuradite.
Lelouch destroyed those, thus sending the world into an energy crisis and making the ending of the show scream "BULLSHIT" during Kallen's monologue at the end.
An energy shortage of the scope the destruction of those mines would cause would be fatal to a technological civilization.
It would be like Iran destroying the oil fields in Saudi Arabi, there would be a World War overnight to secure the remaining refineries.

So, I can agree with you to a point Broly, but the fault lies with the head writer and director of the show, not the character they created.