View Single Post
Old 2007-03-25, 04:28   Link #109
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
I think they will probably go with the multi ending selling point, just like the game had.

higurashi is another anime with multiple endings, but I cant think of any other off the top of my head right now.
well, it is not quite the same.
Higurashi multiple stories was done on purpose to understand the common mystery, which can lead you to the truth or not, depending how far and well you can understand the hints. This kind of structure was unavoidable, since it is impossible to merge even 2 arcs, and this would also leave too much inconsistencies, and would remove the different aspect of theories etc.

on the other way, School Days appears to have the usual multiple ending part like any eroge would have.
as far as i can think of it, i didn't see any anime with the same treatment as higurashi, since the usual romance end with multiple possibilities depends of the player's choices/tastes.
while all of the ends are canon, only 1 is sufficent to display the whole picture (though, some anime, like Kanon, have to merge the different possibilities so it gives the best amount of character insights)

thus, except if an anime is using the same "complmentary arc system for a common plot" of higurashi, you won't see separate arcs with their own start and end any time soon... but they will probably merge some part of Kotonoha and sekai route, and will choose 1 of the girls available. (or maybe a threesome? )

but anyway, since makoto is jumping from one girl to another, there shouldn't be any problem to merge the arcs, the only problem will be the end...
either way, threesome, a third contestant (setsuna?), no girl, psychotic end .
i would say... third contestant, and duo psychotic girls chasing makoto
Quote:
the thing about makoto is he normally is a cool guy. but then suddenly for whatever reason his personality changes to some compulsory perverted freak that cannot control himself. if you have read some of the summerdays game clips I am sure you know what I mean. sometimes he can be more fruity and wishy-washy than the girls.

setsuna is probably the only sane one in the whole series.
well, makoto isn't supposed to be different, because summer days isn't a true prequel? it appears to be more like a parallel universe/spin off
or the context is really different, preventing him to be a jerk like this?