View Single Post
Old 2010-03-18, 20:28   Link #6136
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
Even he got things to do, he was still wondering...

'he's wondering when he'll say "I love you" to someone else'

It means that he still wanted Athena to accept him and his feelings since he doesn't know if he will love another girl. I'll take that as he didn't understand Athena's intention.
The whole quote goes something like this:

"The day I really can tell someone "I love you" once more...
That day me too, once again..."

So, I don't think he was wondering about Athena, but I'll leave it like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
That's exactly what I'm saying. It's likely that it'll revert back to it's original status of being a gag about butlers, but I never liked the gags. Like a lot of people I just plowed through the gags to get to the current, more interesting (the fact that they have Athena in them may be a coincidence) chapters.
The issue is most people read HnG because of the gags. In fact, many fans (Japanese and Western), complained about the seriousness of this arc.

Quote:
I never liked Nagi either, by the way. Her character design wasn't even endearing and she was a selfish brat; she might have matured a little in the EoTW arc, but not nearly as many as the other characters and she sure isn't even close to the maturity of the other girls.
I honestly have to disagree. Nagi has received a great deal of character development. She's still childish, but she's a lot more mature, and considerate of others.

Quote:
Can you share some of the reactions? Hahahaha. Maybe enough enraged Japanese fanboys (girls can be fans too, but "fanboys" sounds funnier) complain to Hata, his "I must be popular" attitude will affect the plot. I'm not being serious, mind you. It is possible though...
The reactions are quite strong and very divided. Many fans are happy that this arc ended, and they hope the series will revert back to being a love comedy. Other people agree with that, but say they didn't like they way this arc ended. To quote many of them, it left them "a very bad after-taste". Other fans simply didn't want this sort of plot to end, even more so, they didn't want Athena to leave. You also have some people who think this arc did a great damage to the manga, since it was supposed to be a slice-of-life love comedy. Either way, all of them are strong opinions.

Quote:
One more thing about 264: Does anyone else think the "meaningful quotes" in HnG have been completely lame? I mean, the "bell rings into the future"? Wtf is that supposed to mean?
Well, it does make sense, as things will definitely change now that Nagi has lost her inheritance, and now that we know several things, like the involvement of Yukariko and Ikusa into all of this.