View Single Post
Old 2012-03-26, 15:05   Link #25
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It feels really good when weeks of speculations and theory-crafting turn out to be right.
It does, doesn't it ? I recall you being just about the only other person also considering the Reiko = Another theory during the early days of the show, when most just dismissed it. All that hard work paid off! *brofist*
Quote:
The big reveal aside, the climax of the story has been quite disappointing, and is what will keep me from giving this series 10/10. The amount of ridiculous deaths eventually killed the tension... they unfortunately crossed the fine line between horror and comedy.
Aye, I guess this is certainly the reason why the finale felt lacking an emotional punch. Another has always been pretty tens, and at bringing said tension to front. Like a spring being wound up; you know it's going to snap every episode, but never when, on whom, nor how. Calm outwardly, but the inner tension and gloominess one could almost hanging pretty heavily in the air.

The finale was almost a reverse of that though - subtlety got thrown to the wolves, and it turned outwardly chaotic. Instead of being subtly tense, it drowned itself in hysterics and the deaths became both casual and mass-produced, eliminating any sense of tension. It went from psychological horror to slasher flick, so to speak ... a shame

Quote:
I'm also a bit disappointed by the lack of resolution. They stopped the phenomenon for this year, but it will still happen in the future. Nothing was solved. I suppose it will be dealt with in Another 2.
Hm, this one didn't really bother me personally. I guess I never really expected them to solve the mystery to start with - the phenomenon seemed kinda out of reach for the students, who were merely focused on finding the Another, and even that only during the final few eps. I'm not sure where they would even find clues on how to end it for good - that's information that doesn't really exist anywhere. I guess Chibiki can always opt to burn down the school though - considering that is the trigger place, I wouldn't be surprised if that's (or shutting the school down) the only way.

I guess it never really felt like the intangible phenomenon itself was on the chopping block, only the proxy through which it functions - the Another.