View Single Post
Old 2012-04-12, 14:14   Link #85
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Tyranitar and Terrakion in this generation are two of the most common. Rhyperior is in the UU tier, IIRC. Before that, Aerodactyl was also part of the group, but he got booted far, far down the tier ladder.
I don't tend to count the legendary pokemon when considering what's used and isn't (hence ignoring Terrakion) because their stats often times make up for the one thing that makes rock pathetic: weakness to just about every common attack type... and usually no SD for their weakness to predominantly SA based moves. Rhyperion and Tyranitar were the only ones I could think up (thinking back to Gen IV, I haven't done much competitive play in Gen V), though I honestly forgot to mention Tyr for some reason. (Absurd attack power and physical wall, and Sand Stream respectively.)

I'd LOVE to use Omastar and its absurd abilities... if only it didn't get one shot by anything with a grass move. Heck, any of the fossil pokemon all have this particular and glaring shortcoming. Its like finding an ice-type pokemon that's actually good...