View Single Post
Old 2013-09-03, 02:30   Link #143
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well... to be fair to the original comment, Shingeki no Kyoujin (which you raised as an example previously) airs:

25:58 Saturday on MBS
23:30 Sunday on Tokyo MX
25:59 Monday on FBS
26:35 Monday on TV Aichi
24:30 Tuesday on BS11 Digital

And 7 weeks delayed...
19:30 Saturday on AT-X

Of the shows that are frequently discussed on this site, there aren't actually that many that air in primetime, whether they're shounen material or not. That isn't to say there aren't still some big misconceptions about the industry or how things work... but it's not as if all the popular stuff (around here) airs in primetime either. Of course, the stuff that's popular here doesn't necessarily reflect what's popular in Japan, particularly outside of certain circles.
I understand that this place isn't a reflection, but we're talking about Crunchyroll, no?
And shows (mostly shounen) that primarily air daytime are also highest consumption of anime in CR as well, I mean, that's not really debatable is it?
Like I said, CR's success heavily relies on the fact they were able to acquire those very popular "mainstream" shows in the first place.
Just serving the "niche" (which happens to be majority here) wouldn't have elevated their success so quickly, and may have even been a failure methinks.