View Single Post
Old 2010-11-16, 16:28   Link #153
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
the development of the relationship between Kirino and Kyousuke. The entire idea is that their level starts off basically at zero then works up from there.
It seems even the obvious isn't that blatant. As several of us explained already: no, we don't need a Manami MKII.
Kirino was shown as the bratty, spoiled and bossy little sister, and that was accepted. However, the point you are making is exactly what nearly everyone expected, but a good chunk is -not- satisfied: that there is basically -no-development-at-all-, period.

For all it is worth, Kirino only thanked Kyousuke once, and we had a "cryptic" scene with her wearing the earrings Kyousuke bought for her because he was forced to.

Now, I would love to believe there was a development here, but if you compare Episode 1 with the current state of the story, Kirino just didn't change a single bit: she is forcing Kyousuke to be her life councellor, bidding boy and verbal abuse sandbag.
Now, I said we were "okay" with this first, but the problem is that the dynamics between them are just stagnant.
Triple_R explained quite well that Kirino can be entertaining considering the antics here and there, but when the series shift on the serious stuff between the siblings, it just doesn't tick that well (otherwise, you wouldn't have that sizable part of the fanbase being annoyed by her).
To make things worse, we still don't have any backstory that explains a "core" reason for that wrecked relationship, and we are still shoved by the same dynamic without much reference at hand.

For all it is worth, again: it isn't about having a bloody fluffy little sister AT ALL. After the first episode, there was no mistake what kind of character Kirino is. However, the problem is after the seventh episode, she is just the very same character. And no, there is no need for something like "it isn't like I did that for you!!", but suble actions and gratitude is enough without turning her into a running mill tsundere a la JC staff adaptations.
Undertaker has hinted several times that Kirino is actually "more likable" in the LN. I would love to believe that. Unfortunately, with the presentation of the anime as of now, there is little material to confirm that thought in the said adaptation.

Now I realize some people would love that topic to be dropped, but it would be a lifesaver if the discussion was understood: there isn't any "naysaying" for the hell of it, and there was no claim for "oh, I want a moe imouto in that series". You (general sense) are missing the point totally, despite calling people "missing the point of OreImo".